Saturday, November 30, 2013
For the third consecutive year, First Community Interfaith Institute Inc. is one of the Greater Rochester NY nonprofits participating in the United Way of Greater Rochester sponsored 'ROCTHEDAY.' This is an online platform where donors have 24 hours on Dec. 11 (from midnight to 11:59 pm) to donate to how many agencies they desire. You can get more info on the ROCTHEDAY Facebook page. First Community Interfaith Institute Inc.'s direct donation page for ROCTHEDAY is here. Your donations are handled securely, you receive immediate confirmation of your gift via email (you can use the email for your 2013 income tax documentation), and you will be helping a very worthwhile cause. Our Charles Riley Tutorial Program is still going strong and your gifts will help us provide more after school help to children (as well as adults) in Rochester.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Below is the schedule for 2013 First Fruits/Kwanzaa as celebrated at First Community Interfaith Institute Inc. in Rochester. All events take place at 219 Hamilton Street unless otherwise noted.
FIRST FRUITS (Dec 1-25)
- Sunday, December 1: Kwanzaa Appreciation Program, 4 pm: Minister Evans' adult students will promote their events that will take place Dec. 26-January 1. We will discuss what First Fruits and Kwanzaa are all about, and start the 32 day long ritual of candle lighting and storytelling. We will also discuss what ROCtheday is and how people can help the Institute. Donations will be collected.
- During the week (Monday-Saturday) there will be a daily storytelling, prayers and candle lighting session at 5:30 pm.
- Prayers and candle lighting are included at the end of Sunday's Student Doology hour on Sundays (12/8, 12/15, 12/22).
- Sunday, December 15: African Mothers Day, 11 am and 4 pm: 11 AM program is sponsored by longtime Institute supporter, Ester Gliwinski, and will take place at the Ryan Community Center complex, 500 Webster Avenue. Flowers will be given to all females by the men. The 4 PM program will be at 219 Hamilton Street, and flowers will be given to those females who do not attend the morning service.
KWANZAA (Dec. 26-Jan. 1)
All events this final week take place at 6 pm at 219 Hamilton, except for the Kwanzaa Feast and Ujamaa
- Thursday, December 26: Umoja
- Friday, December 27: Kujichagulia
- Saturday, December 28: Ujima
- Sunday, December 29 (4 pm): Ujamaa
- Monday, December 30: Nia
- Tuesday, December 31: Kuumba
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014: Imani (Kwanzaa Feast), 6 pm, St. Johns Home auditorium, 150 Highland Avenue
PRESS RELEASE For more information, contact Sister Uwimana Oni at 585.461.0379 or email@example.com 4/26/19 FIRST COMMUNITY ...
First Community Interfaith Institute of Ohio, located in Elyria, Ohio (23 miles southwest of Cleveland) is once again sponsoring the newly r...
On this day in 2018 (actually 9 September), we lost a giant, our very own National Minister, Minister Lawrance Lee Evans Sr. He sp...