Here are some of the takeaways:
- Dr. King transformed between the "I have a dream" speech to his final focus on black economics
- Dr. King began to unify everyone once he expanded his viewpoints
- Because of segregation, blacks were forced to practice cooperative economics. We gave up our tradition of supporting each other with integration.
- Dr. King was global- he traveled to Africa and Jamaica and was influenced by Marcus Garvey.
- It is extremely important to voice your opinion.
- Dr. King and his family were in harm's way consistently because of his beliefs.
- We need another leader like Martin Luther King today.