- Thursday, December 1: Kwanzaa Appreciation Program--at 219 Hamilton Street, 5:30 PM. We open our 32 day First Fruits/Kwanzaa season. First Fruits lasts from December 1 to December 25.
- Thursday, December 15: African Mothers Day--at School #33, 500 Webster Ave, TBA
- Monday, December 26: Umoja
- Tuesday, December 27: Kujichagulia
- Wednesday, December 28: Ujima
- Thursday, December 29: Ujamaa
- Friday, December 30: Nia
- Saturday, December 31: Kuumba
- Sunday: January 1, 2017: Imani
Doology is the discipline practiced at the only teaching church/spiritual and cultural organization in Rochester, NY, known as First Community Interfaith Institute Inc. The late Minister Lawrance Lee Evans developed the idea of Doology as a teenager. Minister Evans went on to establish the Institute in 1970. In Doology, we are taught that positive action in your community or organization is valued more than just complaining.