Monday, January 30, 2017
Obtaining resources to finance an organization is difficult. Since 1970, First Community Interfaith Institute Inc. has helped many families, organizations and individuals by our Charles Riley Tutorial Program (after school program), our cultural programs/activities, case management services and small business developments.
You can help by:
1. Donating bottles for our bottle campaign
2. Sponsoring Supporters Day: In Honor of Charles Riley--sponsorship is at least a minimum of $300.00
3. Giving a small donation of any amount
4. Advertising in our Program Booklet for Supporters Day. Whole page $100; 1/2 page $50 and 1/4 page $25
5. Attend Supporters Day: In Honor of Charles Riley on February 17, 2017 (6 PM) at 219 Hamilton Street, Rochester NY
6. All of the above
7. Attend a special tea which will be held on February 18, 2017 (6 PM) at 219 Hamilton Street. RSVP only.
Monday, January 2, 2017
In Rochester, we just concluded a wonderful Kwanzaa season. From the folktales and proverbs told during the 25 day First Fruits celebration; the African Mothers Day program on December 15 where the men presented the girls and women with flowers amid a last minute venue change due to inclement weather; to the stories about the various African nations told by Minister Evans' adult students between Dec. 27-30,;to Minister Evans' daughter Sasha Eloi-Evans' talk about her educational journey from Dominica to the US Virgin Islands to the mainland US, ulltimately ending up at the University of Rochester, where she is currently employed and working on her PhD, and to the finale on January 1 (our Kwanzaa feast), where we enjoyed some delicious food, exchanged gifts and a surprise donation of $1000 was given to the Institute! We thank all those who came to the Institute and/or St. Johns Home during the past 32 days, whether it was one time or from December 1 to January 1.
PRESS RELEASE For more information, contact Sister Uwimana Oni at 585.461.0379 or firstname.lastname@example.org 4/26/19 FIRST COMMUNITY ...
First Community Interfaith Institute of Ohio, located in Elyria, Ohio (23 miles southwest of Cleveland) is once again sponsoring the newly r...
On this day in 2018 (actually 9 September), we lost a giant, our very own National Minister, Minister Lawrance Lee Evans Sr. He sp...