- Sunday, August 13 (4 PM): Special Student Doology Hour featuring a presentation on the Ashanti (Asante) nation of Ghana, followed by a commentary by Minister Lawrance Lee Evans. Dinner will be served.
- Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16 (6 PM): there will be a display of Garvey related materials. Attendees can use these dates to enroll in the Charles Riley Tutorial Program or meet with Minister Lawrance Lee Evans
- Thursday, August 17 (6 PM): 130TH anniversary of the Honorable Marcus Garvey's birth, highlights are presentations on the Akan and Zulu nations of Ghana and South Africa respectively, a presentation on the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the annual Sylvester and Stacey Johnson Memorial. Refreshments will be served.
- Friday, August 18 (6 PM): presentation on the Igbo (Ibo) nation of Nigeria, followed by a concert featuring the Johnny Brown Defense Committee. Dinner will be served.
- Saturday, August 19 (1-3 PM): Weekly bottle campaign fundraiser, the community is encouraged to donate their NYS cans and bottles to the Institute
December 1: Kwanzaa Appreciation Program--open house, kickoff of 32 day First Fruits/Kwanzaa season; dinner will be served December 2-3, 5-10, 12-14, 16-17, 19-24: First Fruits storytelling, prayer and lighting of candles December 4, 11, 18, 25: Student Doology Hour--4 pm Sunday service, prayer after service; dinner will be served December 15: African Mothers Day--500 Webster Ave (School #33)-- females will receive flowers from men; program begins at 5:30 PM; refreshments available December 26: Umoja December 27: Kujichagulia December 28: Ujima December 29: Ujamaa December 30: Nia December 31: Kuumba January 1, 2017: Imani-Kwanzaa feast-- 150 Highland Ave (St Johns Home)--exchange gifts, bring dish to pass (non pork), entertainment; starts at 5:30 PM