- Sunday, August 13 (4 PM): Special Student Doology Hour featuring a presentation on the Ashanti (Asante) nation of Ghana, followed by a commentary by Minister Lawrance Lee Evans. Dinner will be served.
- Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16 (6 PM): there will be a display of Garvey related materials. Attendees can use these dates to enroll in the Charles Riley Tutorial Program or meet with Minister Lawrance Lee Evans
- Thursday, August 17 (6 PM): 130TH anniversary of the Honorable Marcus Garvey's birth, highlights are presentations on the Akan and Zulu nations of Ghana and South Africa respectively, a presentation on the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the annual Sylvester and Stacey Johnson Memorial. Refreshments will be served.
- Friday, August 18 (6 PM): presentation on the Igbo (Ibo) nation of Nigeria, followed by a concert featuring the Johnny Brown Defense Committee. Dinner will be served.
- Saturday, August 19 (1-3 PM): Weekly bottle campaign fundraiser, the community is encouraged to donate their NYS cans and bottles to the Institute
This morning (September 14, 2018) will be his homegoing service at Aenon Baptist Church, 175 Genesee Street, Rochester NY 14611.
Please keep the Minister's immediate and extended family, and the First Community Interfaith Institute of Rochester and Elyria in your prayers.
= If you are in the Rochester area please pick up a copy of the September 12 edition of the Challenger Community News. On page 2 is a beautiful article that summed up the legacy of this great man. I did not get the permission of the Challenger Community News to reprint their article, thus, I cannot include it in the blog at this time.