- Sunday, August 13 (4 PM): Special Student Doology Hour featuring a presentation on the Ashanti (Asante) nation of Ghana, followed by a commentary by Minister Lawrance Lee Evans. Dinner will be served.
- Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16 (6 PM): there will be a display of Garvey related materials. Attendees can use these dates to enroll in the Charles Riley Tutorial Program or meet with Minister Lawrance Lee Evans
- Thursday, August 17 (6 PM): 130TH anniversary of the Honorable Marcus Garvey's birth, highlights are presentations on the Akan and Zulu nations of Ghana and South Africa respectively, a presentation on the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the annual Sylvester and Stacey Johnson Memorial. Refreshments will be served.
- Friday, August 18 (6 PM): presentation on the Igbo (Ibo) nation of Nigeria, followed by a concert featuring the Johnny Brown Defense Committee. Dinner will be served.
- Saturday, August 19 (1-3 PM): Weekly bottle campaign fundraiser, the community is encouraged to donate their NYS cans and bottles to the Institute
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Marcus Garvey will be 130 years old on August 17!
First Community Interfaith Institute Inc. invites the public to attend the week long "Uhuru Week: In Honor of Marcus Garvey" from August 13-19. All events will be at 219 Hamilton Street.
Here is a recent video from the FCII Festival this past July. Part of the Rochester group recited the classic "Parable of the Eagle" during the Martha Jordan Dinner on July 8:
In this video, Minister Lawrance Lee Evans Sr.'s son gives his annual keynote address at the Elizabeth Coleman Dinner on July 7:
We look forward to your participation at this year's Uhuru Week.
The pandemic made fundraising for the annual pilgrimage to our Minister Akilah Ife Evans Festival a bit challenging. The May 17 Malcolm X Co...
PRESS RELEASE For more information, contact Sister Uwimana Oni at 585.461.0379 or email@example.com 4/26/19 FIRST COMMUNITY ...
On this day in 2018 (actually 9 September), we lost a giant, our very own National Minister, Minister Lawrance Lee Evans Sr. He sp...
First Community Interfaith Institute of Ohio, located in Elyria, Ohio (23 miles southwest of Cleveland) is once again sponsoring the newly r...